- Some contemplations on the past 13 weeks…
- … am I STILL banging on about Facebook? I might look at David Brin as well.
- We still can hide – but only for as long as we defy the will of Zuckerberg.
- After nearly 30 years, suddenly I’ve apparently decided to trust Steve Jobs.
- At the risk of straying from the topic of online trust – sometimes, just sometimes, joining a FB page isn’t a waste of time.
Category Archives: Trust
Apparently, I still am. In this piece in The Age recently, ‘arf’ commented “I first encountered this notion in ‘The Transparent Society‘. The author (David Brin) is better known for his sf, but is quite up to writing a serious … Continue reading
Below is a conversation I stumbled over on a commercial site’s facebook page which was posted an hour or so ago between persons A & B. A] i do not want to use a credit card on the internet so … Continue reading
Someone made a comment the other day which I found interesting. They claimed that “An assumption of trust is central to all participation online.” (OK, I’m being a tad disingenuous – it’s an essay topic set by my lecturer. Still, … Continue reading